Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Gift Wrap Organization

This year for Christmas one of the gifts my sweet Mom gave me was a giftcard to Bed, Bath and Beyond. I don't normally shop there so I thought I'd look online to see what organizing goodies they might have and look what I found:
Real Simple Holiday Wrapping Station
Real Simple Holiday Wrapping Station

How awesome is that?! Of course I ordered that puppy right away and waited impatiently for it to arrive.

Until now I've kept all my wrapping stuff in an under the bed storage box but it wasn't long enough to hold standard sized wrapping paper rolls so a few were shoved in the box and the rest stood in a corner in my closet and would fall over all the time making me ca-RA-zy. See Exibit A:


What a mess, right? Even worse, we got rid of our bed frame a few months ago so instead of being stored out of sight under the bed, it was now taking up room in my closet and I.was.over.it.

Soooo, look what arrived in the mail today!!

 
Woohoo! I ripped it open and a few minutes later I had everything sorted and put in its new home. Finally everything is all together in one place and off my closet floor. YES!
 
Have a look:
 



Isn't it pretty? That's nine rolls of wrapping paper and who knows how many bows, boxes, tags and bags. The back has two big pockets that hold my boxes, tissue paper and large bags. I use the medium sized bags the most so I just hooked them onto the sides. I put the Christmas-related items on the left and the rest on the right to make it easier to quickly find what I need. The really nice thing is that it just hangs on any hook and takes up very little space.

So now that I've got my new system in place what to do with the old container? Well, it's in perfect condition but it doesn't fit in with my storage needs so there's no sense in keeping it. Instead it will be sold in my pre-move garage sale but in the meantime it's pretty handy for storing some of the other items going in the sale. Love it when things work out that way!

Did you get any new organization stuff for Christmas? Anyone? Bueller?

P.S. I did not get paid or perked for anything in this post. I just really love cool organizing ideas and want to share them with anyone that might find the info useful. However, if the people at Real Simple did want me to review their stuff I would be happy to do it! :-)


2 comments: